torek, 26. maj 2009

Nymburk competition, day 2 (Sunday May 17)


Perfect conditions for frisbee. Sunny, only a very light wind, this time coming off the river. Today's events were DogDartbee and Super Minidistance. I have yet to win a cup in DogDartbee and this time was no exception. Because of the huge number of competitors, we were divided into two groups, and the event ran simultaneously on two fields for the qualifier. Only the top eight teams go to the semifinal, and I didn't quite make the cut: with Bamm Bamm I had 170 points and finished in a three-way tie for 10th place, with Oli I had 140 points for a six-way tie for 15th place. Since I wasn't competing, I watched the judging of the semifinal (as I did for Men's Quad the previous day) so I'll know how to do it when we organize competitions in Slovenia:



The famous Jindra and Ro were once again an unbeatable team in this event:


Full results here.

I was a bit more successful in Super Minidistance. Had a good first round with Oli, 21 points, which put me in a tie for third place with Kevin Harrison and Wizzard, after Lucka and Dixi and Kuba and Punt'a (22 points each). Kevin hadn't planned on competing with Wizzard, a working sheepdog, because he thought he was too young at 14 months to be eligible. He'd just brought him along to keep Toggle, their lurcher, company and only entered him on Sunday morning after I mentioned on Saturday afternoon that for Toss & Fetch events the minimum age is one year, not 18 months as for regular freestyle (there is a modifed freestyle for young dogs, 10-18 months, in which certain moves like flips and vaults are not allowed). I confess I had a very fleeting moment of regret that I had shared this information because they came very close to getting that third place trophy instead of me. ;) In the end I managed to hang onto it, with a decent, though not outstanding, 18 points with Oli in the second round (both Kuba and Lucka had even higher scores in the second round than in the first, 23 and 22.5, respectively), whereas Wizzard had 16, missing one throw.



I had quite a good second round with Bamm Bamm (21.5), which when added to the 17 from the first round was enough to boost him into 4th place. Jana Malinska and her very fast and talented border collie Chelsay were fifth, and Kevin and Wizzard ended up in sixth place. He and Toggle were eighth, just after Peter and Choki from Hungary. But Kevin didn't go home empty-handed: at this competition they had special awards for the best novices (first season of competition) in each event, and Kevin and Wizzard were tops in Super Minidistance:


Complete results here; novices are marked in yellow.

All in all a very enjoyable competition. It was nice to see such a huge turnout, with a wide variety of breeds (and mixes). Of course the usual collection of border collies (including mine)...


and quite a few "Chodsky pes" (also known as the Bohemian Shepherd or sometimes, thanks to Sabine, the "Chodsky crash" dog), a native breed with a fascinating history recognized in the Czech Republic but not by the FCI...




Kevin and Judith's lurcher, a type of dog I had not seen or heard of previously...


and many many others...
























It was a pity that no one else from Slovenia could attend, especially some of our novices. The Nymburk competition is a particularly good opportunity to gain competition experience for those not yet doing freestyle. Looking forward to next year!

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar